• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to import from direct connected Nikon

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just recently started. I believe I upgraded my Mac M1 to Ventura and updated Lightroom to the latest version since this stopped working. I have no problem using Nikon transfer to transfer the images from both cameras. 

When I select Add Photos in Lightroom then select Connected Devices (Lightroom does recognize both cameras when they are connected), I see the camera flashing its green indicator as it typically does to reflect that Lightroom seems to be reading. While it is reading, Lightroom displays the message "No images can be imported...." Prior to this issue, that message would be displayed until Lightroom finishes reading the camera or camera card. Now that message remains indefinitely. 

So I am wondering if there was something in either the OS update or Lightroom update that has caused this to stop working.  

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Updating status and adding bug number to thread.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated both my Mac OS and Lightroom Classic today and I can no longer import from my Nikon D750 into LrC. OS is Ventura 13.0. LrC version is 12.0. Will this be fixed? And in the meantime will I be able to use a card reader to import my images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

There is a known issue with tethering Nikon cameras to Lightroom Classic on macOS Ventura: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html

Lightroom 12.0.1 was released today please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version.

Note: Tethering for Nikon is not fixed by this release.

If you are trying to import directly from the camera & that does not work, it could be permissions or connectivity issues at the surface.

Try these steps to iron out any underlying permission issues.

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no issues importing photos until the update yesterday.  My Z50 still works fine.  I have been on chat several times with Adobe and even did the remote access to my computer, which makes me uncomfortable, no resolution.  I have updated the firmware on the D850 which made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following info:

LRC Community guidelines,jpg.JPG

It will help a lot in getting you an answer.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded, on choosing import, the D850 shows in the import window, but I just keep getting a spinning wheel and no files are downloaded.  This happens whether I'm importing from my CFexpress card or SD card.   This is using the USB cable.  There is no problem with my CF card from my Nikon D3s using a card reader.  

Any ideas what the problem is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Lightroom 12.0.1 and the D850. I have given Lightroom permission for full disk access in System Settings. Importing from a card reader works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I'm running Lightroom on a Macbook Pro 2018 model with Ventura 13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC has vorked perfect for years, but after updating firmware on Nikon to 1.21 and macos to Ventura 13.0 AND LrC to the newest 12.01, importing from camera via USB does not work. LrC shows it has found the D 850 but no photos can be found.

However, using the same cableconnection, but using the native Mac Photos I can See (and impport, into this app) all the photos on the card in the camera, so I assume the error is somewhere in LrC 12.

I have checked all  the settings in Ventura, and the look correct.

For the time being I have to remove memory card from camera and import the new photos via a separate cardreader, but that is cumbersome

Kind regards

Palle Jensen

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for the information.  The issue I am having is uploading from the camera.  I saw the known issue tethering with Nikon cameras, but that is not what I'm having a problem with.  I checked all of the settings in the links you sent and everything looks correct.  For now, I bought a card reader and was able to upload the images using that.  I am hoping this issue will be fixed soon though.  Thanks,

Tracey

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 with Camera Raw 15.0, and Mac OS Ventura 13.0.  I'm trying today to import pictures from my Nikon D4s with a USB cable connected from my MacBook Pro 2019 16" (Intel) to the camera.  Lightroom finds no pictures at all on the camera.  However, Apple Image Transfer sees and imports the files from the camera, thankfully.  I've tried unplugging, restarting, etc., no use in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check this: Apple changed the security requirements from MacOS Monterey onwards. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but this is not the issue.  Import from camera worked for me with Monterey with those settings.  I am still using those settings and it is not working with Ventura.  Apple Photos sees the images on the camera, but LrC, Ps and Lr do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem. I am getting the message "no photos found" when tethering the camera to iMac 2019 with recently updated Ventura 13.0 and Lighroom Classic 12.0.1 The camera is being recognized and appears on the source list on the left of the import screen. Unfortunately it is not showing any data to import. Final Cut Pro works fine so the hardware connection between camera and computer is fine. 

Would it make a difference to use a card reader for xqd? I do not own one but would consider buying on if this is a short term fix until Lightroom gets the update for this combination to work properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have upgraded my Lightroom Classic to v12.0.1 and my Mac OS Ventura, but Lightroom will not import my raw photo files from my Nikon camera. My camera does appear on the list of "sources" but when I press import, it stays at this point and a timer turns at the bottom of the screen but no photos appear. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the type of the camera?

Are you trying to import NEF raw files?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Camers Nikon D500

LRC 12.0.1

NEF Raw files

iMac

macOS Ventura 13.0

Last import was a week ago and everything worked perfect

Thanks Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Also, do the thumbnails of the images appear in the LrC dialog box? Can you show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE LrC Import dialog box, using the "Insert Photos" icon (and not by attaching files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 release, Camera Raw 15.0

Nikon D850 connected via USB

Import dialog shows D850 as source

After clicing on D850, the camera's LED light blinks showing access to photos.

"Don't import suspected duplicates" option turned off

Expected behavior:

- thumbnails of photos to import

Actual behavior:

- "No photos found" message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add - OS X Ventura, M1 Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here:  Ventura upgrade, latest LRC, and a Nikon D850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan, I've given Lightroom Classic the "Full Disk Access" you suggest, but unfortunately the import dialogue box still shows nothing for my Nikon D4s.  Apple Image Transfer is able to import the pictures from the D4s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-unable-to-import-from-direct-connected-nikon/m-p/13311032#M296573 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with Ventura / latest Lightroom / Nikon 500 & 850. Permissions OK. Help please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate