• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit watermark lightroom 11.5 must save as new one even though nothing was edited

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom 11.5 (on mac os catalina 15.7) when i export an image, i select watermark in the export window, then choose 'edit watermark' and then i can select my different watermarks to see which one fits best. In 11.5 whenever i choose a different watermark, it changes to 'edited' and i have to save it with a new name in order to select it. In 11.4.1 and earlier versions, i could select one of my watermark presets that i wanted and click 'done' and that watermark would be applied.

The workaround is to see what watermark fits the image best, then cancel (for i do not want to save a watermark preset that i have and that i have not made any changes to), then choose cancel, and then in the export window, scroll to the watermark i want in the watermark drop down window.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
98 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lors de l'exportation d'une photo en jpg avec un filigrane, ce dernier n'apparait pas sur la photo. Je précise que j'utilise l'ancienne version de lightroom et que j'ai bien coché la case filigrane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il semblerait que l'erreur soit dûe à une font que j'aurait ajoutée à celles d'origine (intégrées à win10). Je précise que cette font est visible dans une fenêtre réduite avant exportation mais ne l'est plus dans une grande fenêtre ou après exportation..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm sharing with you my recent experience and the solution I found for the problems I had with the filgrans published in graphic form, especially in the latest version of Lr 11.5.
With the hardware configuration -iMac Pro - Intel Xeon W 10 cores - Memory: 64 Gb- and Lr 11.4.1, I had no problem applying watermarks in png format in black or white... the installation of the recent update, Lr 11.5, broke all this nice organization: the watermarks were simply not applied anymore!
Reinstalling the previous version Lr 11.4.1 did not correct the problem 😱
Persevering, I reinstalled Lr 11.5 and then deleted all my watermarks previously stored as "Watermarks" in the presets... I reimported one of my png files that worked perfectly until then... Failed!
As a last resort, I went back to my original png file by opening it in Photoshop and then saving it again as a png file without any further modification. After importing this "new" file into Lr as a watermark... miracle- it works perfectly again 😊 I did the same for the other versions of my files, always with success. The proof in pictures!
Hopefully this will be helpful to one or two of you,
Dr Balliet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.5

OS Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1889)

I have a number of preset watermarks within Lightroom and after updating to version 11.5 of Lightroom Classic I have noticed that graphic watermarks do not appear on the exported image.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Right-click on image in filmstrip within Lightroom and select Export.
2. Select the preset option and confirm that the watermark checkbox is ticket and the watermark is selected.
3. Click Export and review the image. No graphic watermark was present.

Tests carried out:

1. Clicked Preferences and clicked on show other Lightroom presets and confirmed that the watermarks are present in the folder.
2. Clicked on Edit Watermarks and created a new watermark preset using a graphics file (png) and saved it as a test. Result was the same no watermark was applied on the exported image despite it being visible within the Edit Watermarks box.
3. Created a simple text based watermark and saved it. Confirmed that the text option did work.
4. Uninstalled Lightroom 11.5 from CC and installed version 11.41. Result issue not present in that release.

Expected result: Graphic watermark should be applied to the exported image.
Actual result: No watermark is present on exported images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for Adobe to fix this, see if the workaround described here helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lr-11-5-and-watermarks-not-displayed-re...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 on Windows 11 Home. Sometimes I get an error when I try to export:

LC812_0-1661104086475.png

This doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes even on the same files with the same watermarks. (All in the same session, it can work fine, then it can fail.) This is really annoying as the Export fails. I have tried getting out and back into Lightroom and sometimes I still have the issue. I haven't changed my watermarks or my export process in ages. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 11.53.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis la dernière mise à jour de LrC (18 août 2022), mon filigrane n'apparaît plus sur ma photo après l'exportation. Que faire? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Where are the original images stored on an internal or an external drive? Where are you trying to export to?

Do you use the watermark preset in the export operation? Could you please share a screenshot of the export settings you are using?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

If you are working on macOS 12.3 & above. Please follow the steps in this post to allow the required permissions to Lightroom on the macOS: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Please try the export operation with the following suggestions.

1. Go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set to 'Custom' > Select 'Use GPU for Export'

You can test export with the GPU & without the GPU (Disable the GPU altogether by setting 'Use Graphics Processor' to OFF from Custom or Auto)

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was exactly the issue I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding that this is on windows 10 and Mac OS Big Sur as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the Watermark Dialog where your watermark name is now name(edited) and chose "Update Preset ....."  Then Save will change to Done.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.42.16 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like if you update each watermark that way, the problem is gone. The editor then behaves as it did in 11.4.1 with no more (edited) on watermarks that are just being previewed rather than edited. And Done appears for each one as it did before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a fix (as i understand from linda), however if you have as many watermark presets as i and some others do it is not really workable. I will wait and see if it goes away in the next update (or reappears for those who did this fix). Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using a PNG image of my signature for many years on exportin g photos. I have not changed any settings and am exporting as JPEG. Suddenly the signature, although showing in "edit watermark" is not showing on the exported image. I have edited watermark, loaded the graphic and renamed the preset but to no avail. Any thoughts will be appreiciated.Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 18.32.12.pngScreenshot 2022-08-31 at 18.32.28.pngScreenshot 2022-08-31 at 18.33.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).
Please tell us what Adobe application you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. This is an issue with Lightroom Classic.
Thanks

Steve

www.facebook.com/stevecushingphotography
www.stevecushing.co.uk
#stevecushingnaturephotography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  Exports from a month ago have watermarks, today nothing.  Can make a simple text watermark and it shows but the .png one I've been using for the past couple of years doesn't show.  Really frustrated right now.

Lightroom 11.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure that Lightroom Classic has permission to access the folder where the watermark png resides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the same. I exported images on 15th August and they had a signature attached. As far as I am aware I altered absolutely nothing but since 16th August no signature is showing. Do you know what date you developed an issue.
Steve

www.facebook.com/stevecushingphotography
www.stevecushing.co.uk
#stevecushingnaturephotography

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa. Yes - permission allowed. Nothing altered and suddenly having worked normally on 15th August it then did not show signature on export on 16th August and subsequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed there was an update to 11.5 on 16th August - the day this problem started. Could this be relevant?

Votes

Translate

Translate